Zeiss LEO 1550 with Oxford AZtec EDS
High resolution FEG SEM for surface imaging equipped with an EDS system for element analysis. Equipped with InLens, SEII, and BSD detectors.
- Schottky FEG with high current mode,
- Acceleration voltage range: 0.2 – 30 kV, Beam deceleration providing excellent low kV imaging
- Resolution: 1nm at 20kV, 3nm at 1kV
- Magnification: 20-900000x
- 80mm2 Silicon Drift Detector with high sensitivity and for analysis at high count rates
- 6.5 mm analytical working distance
- Oxford AZtec (INCA energy) software for X-ray mapping and element analysis
- 5-axis motorized stage (x, y, z, tilt and rotation)
- InLens SE detector
- Everhar-Thornley SE/BSE detector
- Four-Quadrant BSE detector
The samples must be compatible with high vacuum.
Outgassing samples must be pre-pumped in a separate pumping system.
Powder samples must me prepared with care to avoid contamination of the gun column.